Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Friends Season - Love for Cooking by Heena Khiani

Today is day-three of our Friends season and its all about the most important thing in life. Yes, today is all about food J Who doesn’t get a craving for the best Chicken Biryani in town? Who doesn’t feel eating McAloo Tikki Burger at Mc Donald’s is heavenly? Who hasn’t gone to the closest pav-bhaji laari outside nukkad of the society very often? Who doesn’t want to cook dal-chawal after a week long trip eating outside? Well, it was me once upon a time but I am no longer the same ;) After coming to US, I started trying new cuisines and started cooking and since then there is no looking back J As it is truly said - necessity became the mother of invention ;) I am glad I came to US which taught me to love Food and most importantly love to cook J Enough of talking about me. 

Let me introduce you to today’s blogger – Heena Khiani - who loves to cook food as much as she loves to eat. This is her first ever blog post and I purposely asked her to write for ‘Friends Season’ as I wanted some diversity J And guess what – she did a great job by expressing her love for cooking with lots of delightful pictures. I have known her for more than two years now. She is my cousin-in-law, my wedding planner and above all my friend. She is an event planner by profession and did a magnificent job on planning my wedding. Although her name is Heena, we call her Honey as she is as sweet as honey. Thanks a lot honey for planning our dream-wedding and for this lovely blog post. I definitely want to try all these in our next India trip J

Honey is sweet, adventurous stylist, all rounder!


Over to you, Honey -

This is my first blog post ever! I would not be here writing about my cooking addiction if it were not for you Jaya. She asked me if I can write a blogpost for her where she is planning to feature few of her friends and suggested to write about “Anything that I like to do, shopping, travelling, recent adventures or any thing”. Though I am an event manager by profession and organize weddings, birthday parties, conferences etc and yeah I like doing that a lot but then I thought this time I would give a preference to my another creative passion - that’s COOKING!  Every once in a while after she asked me to write for her blog, I would sit in front of the computer and my brain would literally be empty! Zero words, zero thoughts.

It was back in 2005 when I tried my hands on cooking and that was because I had come to Pune for my higher education and got bored of eating at the restaurants and also the food that was made by the cook. So jotted down few simple recipes (dictated by MOM!) so that I get a homely feeling and yes of-course this passion for cooking is in my blood because my MOM is an awesome chef J. And the passion goes on....
To begin with the appetizers:

Chicken Kababs

Oven Grilled Garlic Chicken - Before and After

From the Chaat section,

Dahi Sev Puri

Invited my friends over for Pasta-Garlic bread and they suggested me to open up a restaurant. Hehe!
Pasta Garlic Bread


Time for some main course: Schezwan rice with tofu in soya, Chicken Biryani, Veg tawa and buttered corn rice with chicken chilly. This made my friends and relatives name me as MASTERCHEF.

Schezwan rice with Tofu, Chicken Biryani, Veg Tawa and Buttered corn with Chicken Chilly

So the readers of this blog post might be wondering why there wasn’t a single recipe mentioned, the reason is that I never follow a single recipe! Every single time I would cook something, it would be different than I cooked previously. Thats my recipe! Here I end my blog post with a sweet note J

Assorted chocolates
White Forest Cake (Father's Day Special)

No comments:

Post a Comment