Friday, January 8, 2016

Egg-free Alcohol-free Tiramisu Recipe

Making Tiramisu had been on my to-do list since quite some time. I always thought it would be very difficult for me and it will take me to the next level in Baking! It is one of our favorite deserts lately. I love Paris Baguette Tiramisu <3 But when I made it last week, I felt it was literally a piece of cake.

This is the fastest cake recipe that I have ever made and which doesn't need any baking! Quick and easy to make! I made this Jain version of Tiramisu for a Baby shower party at work. It was a grand success! :) 

Ingredients:

Soft White bread
1 cup Mascarpone cheese at room temperature
1 cup heavy Whip cream
3 tablespoon coffee
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sugar

Method:

Step 0: Make the coffee syrup: Take 3/4th cup water and add 3 tablespoon coffee and 2 tablespoon sugar. Mix it till sugar dissolves. 

Step 1: First take a bowl and whip the whipping cream using an electric mixer. [ I freeze the electric mixers attachments and the bowl in which I want to whip the cream. The idea is it should not get hot. Since you whip it for around 10 minutes, it generates heat. So to make sure it remains cool even after 10 minutes I freeze both the bowl and the attachments from the electric mixer.] Whisk it till the cream starts sticking to the mixers blade or until stiff peaks start forming. Thats the indication that it is done. 

Step 2: Once the Whip cream is close to ready, add the sugar and vanilla extract to it and mix it for 10-15 seconds. Or stir it with spoon. 

Step 3: In another bowl whisk mascarpone vigorously by hand until creamy and smooth. 

Step 4: Fold whipping cream into mascarpone in 2 additions until mixture is smooth.

Assemble tiramisu:

Take a deep glass 8 inch or individual glasses. Put a layer of this whip cream and mascarpone cheese mixture at the bottom and lay a layer of bread on it. Make sure to cut the sides of the bread. If necessary cut the bread in order to make one single layer of bread on the bake dish and to fit them in the dish. Take spoon and pour the coffee mixture on the top of this bread layer. Put a layer of whip cream on the top and sprinkle some chocolate powder over it. Repeat with second, third, fourth layer as you see fir. Cover and refrigerate for atlas 6 hours or unto 2 days. 

Serve cold. Right before serving dust the top with cocoa powder or chocolate or both! I sprinkled it with Bournvita :)

We made the small glasses for ourselves for us to relish later!

Proud of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment