Monday, October 12, 2015

Pay It Forward!

Have you watched the movie or read the novel named 'Pay It Forward' ? If not, you definitely should. This is a story about a young boy who did 3 good deeds for others in need. In return, all that the child wanted was that they pass on the good deed to three other people and keep the cycle going. One good deed might not seem like much, but if everyone did something good for someone else, then the cycle of generosity and kindness can spark us to become better people.

After watching this movie, Manoj and I have started thinking of doing 'something' good for 'someone' and are finding ways to pay back to the society in any way we can. But in this busy life we all have a bag full of excuses. We keep complaining we do not get any time in our busy schedule. 

Recently while talking to a colleague, she gave me an awesome idea and I started thinking - why not do something that I normally make time to do even if I am super busy and that in turn does something good to someone in need? The first thing that came to my mind was Baking! Yes, no matter how busy I get, I make time for baking when someone asks me to bake a cake for their special occasion. Also, a lot of my friends have suggested me to start taking orders ;) Although that is a different thing :) But I want to take this opportunity and continue to bake cakes for my friends and family and add a personal touch to their birthday, anniversary, baby-shower, house-warming and any special occasion, but in return I ask them to donate. They can decide how much they want to donate. We have created a page with our favorite charitable organizations here - https://www.justgive.org/manojaya

The difference we can make is phenomenal.  Very truly said --- 



On a different note, this weekend was super busy. In addition to various excuses that I was very busy, I baked two cakes on the weekend. Here are the pictures:


Tres Leches Take 1
Tres Leches - Take 2 

In collaboration with a friend - Yes, I am teaching :) 

You can check out few of our creations at https://www.pinterest.com/jayawadhwani/cakes

No comments:

Post a Comment